Monday: Visiting a GREAT museum.

After a rather smooth flight on United Airlines from Windsor Locks to Chicago, I determined that this is the first time that I have flown into Chicago....and not made a connecting flight to Dallas or Omaha. I discovered the baggage claim area for the first time. And I stayed at a hotel on airport property (thanks, Hilton!!).

After picking up my rental car, I headed to the Museum of Science and Industry on the western shore of Lake Michigan. Having heard previously of this great HO scale train layout, it was a joy to finally see this amazing layout. And in a very, very close second place, I got to see an actual German U-Boat, U-505, and actually go inside this incredible piece of WWII history. With the addition of many sound effects, our tour guide Marybeth gave us a very informative narration of the operations of the ship and how the submarine was captured and become one of the most unusual museum pieces in the country.

There are many other great exhibits on the 3 levels of this huge museum. More information can be found at http://www.msichicago.com and if are ever in Chicago, this is a must on your tour list.

Anyway, enjoy the photos. Tuesday, we head to Rochelle Train Park in Rochelle, IL with more photography to come. Stay tuned.

I'm Philip J Zocco. On The Road. In Aurora, Illinois. 










































































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog